Health Careers Futures' (HCF) mission is to enhance the overall effectiveness and sufficiency of the regional health workforce by improving attraction, recruitment, and retention of quality healthcare workers; and by instituting research of relevant healthcare workforce issues.
Health Careers Futures has successfully:
- Assisted in the development and implementation of a U.S. Department of Labor Incumbent Training Project that trained healthcare workers for higher paying jobs in the healthcare sector
- Sponsored two Magnet Summits to show regional hospitals how to achieve Magnet Certification, a designation of the American Nurses Credentialing Center of the American Nursing Association
- Collaborated with Partner4Work, employers, and training organizations to provide training and education to incumbent workers
- Conducted research regionally and nationally on incumbent workers and current trainees in high-demand careers
- Provided technical assistance to Partner4Work and other organizations to develop projects and tools for the healthcare sectors
Health Careers Futures, along with the Pittsburgh Regional Health Initiative (PRHI) and the Women's Health Activist Movement Global (WHAMglobal), is a supporting organization of the Jewish Healthcare Foundation (JHF). Together, we develop and manage programs, research, training, and grantmaking to perfect patient care. We are funded by public and private sources, as well as the JHF endowment.
We act as a neutral voice focused on Perfecting Patient CareSM (PPC) for patients, workers and healthcare systems
A more thorough review of JHF, PRHI, HCF, and WHAMglobal programs is available through the WINDOW newsletter, our magazine ROOTS, our periodical Branches, Executive Summaries, and Videos.